Dedicated Development Time – What Is It?
Throughout this programme, you will develop your skills, knowledge and behaviour in a variety of ways that will contribute to what we call your ‘Dedicated Development Time’. We know that achieving the development time required (20% ‘off the job’) is a challenge, so we use a variety of ways to weave and align your learning to the demands of your role.
Workshops / Boot Camps
- Face-to-face ‘guided’ learning
- As often or intensive as required (e.g. a single day monthly or a quarterly three-day boot camp)
- Workshops establish a ‘community of learning’, encouraging peer-to-peer knowledge sharing.
- Online e-learning modules directly related to the standard.
- Often covering more functional development areas.
- Hop-on, hop-off – you’re in control.
- Enables more time for the ‘fun’ stuff!
- Job-swaps (learn how other do it in business)
- Shadowing (those who have the knowledge you want to develop)
- Work with a mentor over the programme (or part of).
- Attend related conferences, talks, networking events.
- Appraise industry news and latest developments.
Other Guided Learning
- Assignments set by your Tutor
- Additional resources from you Development Coach to boost your learning.
- Any learning activity you wish to undertake in relation to the standard! e.g an online course, books, podcasts, YouTube etc.
All of the learning methods counts towards your Dedicated Development Time as long as we work together to evidence your learning.
This evidence can be in the form of a reflective log, a review or report, an appraisal of work undertaken or completed assignments. Think of it as putting your learning into practice!